Update: Ultimate Links PC Tips - CD Drive and DMA

I recently upgraded my system at work from Windows ME to Windows XP Professional (holding to my policy of waiting for the first service pack to be released before changing operating systems).  I've been greatly impressed so far with the OS; no longer have to reboot 8 times a day ala ME.

I did a clean install per your past recommendation which went without a hitch.  However, we just purchased another computer preloaded with XP and rather than redownload Service Pack 1 at work again (we're on IDSL) I downloaded the full network patch at home via my cable modem and then burnt the file to a CD-R.  So far so good...

However, when I got to work, my system would see the contents of the CD-R but when I tried to copy off files, it gave me an error message to the fact...

View Original Content...

0 comments :